FosenPokerForum
FosenPokerForum
FosenPokerForum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FosenPokerForum

Pokerforum Open For Pokerlovers From All Over The World!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Just starting out with Poker

Go down 
AuthorMessage
albert1212

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-12-07

Just starting out with Poker Empty
PostSubject: Just starting out with Poker   Just starting out with Poker EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 7:08 pm

Hey guys,

I've dabbled with poker in the past, playing home games with friends and other students and stuff and stumbled across

these forums mentioned in a poker news article I read, so thought I'd sign up and take a look around, and then I realised

there seems to be a lot more to the game than what I'd initially thought!

Been lurking here for a few days before signing up just reading a few of the threads and thought I'd try my hand at the

180 man sit and go's, as they seem to be pretty popular here. Before then I've just played the big 5000+ field tournaments

and never really had any big scores, few hundred occasionally but not very often. Played 5 sit and go's now and managed to

reach the final table in 2, but unfortunately only in 8th place!

I'm keen to learn though and become a more all round player and apply some of the theory which seems to be discussed a lot

amongst players on here, but it's all a bit overwhelming as to where to start, so I was just wondering whether someone

could point me in the direction of a basic starting program I can work my way up with, or whether there is anything else

in particular I should be using to improve my game.

Thanks very much and look forward to posting more here!
Back to top Go down

Just starting out with Poker
Page 1 of 1